PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pillows for Sister

My sister is a no-frills kind of girl. But then she bought this fabulous purple quilt at Target. Before I made her the pillows above for Christmas, her bed was just a tad on the boring side even though that color purple is wonderful. I decided it needed some decorative pillows to go behind the pillows that came with the quilt and a sweet flower pillow to top it all off. 

Yes, I gave these to her at Christmas, and yes, it has taken me this long to get some pictures of them. Yay for getting to visit her this weekend!
 For these pillows, I used a home-decor fabric I found at Jo Ann's right before Christmas for 50% off. It was perfect for the look I was going for. I made these just like Jen from Tatertots and Jello explains in this post, adding 4 inches to how big I made the pillow because I wanted it to have a border. I used a soft twill fabric for the back of them and made it with an envelope closure.
 
 I used this Petal Pillow tutorial at Cluck Cluck Sew to make this pillow. It was only the second pillow I'd ever made! Not too, bad!

 The color of the purple felt flower is a little loud next to the soft purple quilt, but I didn't have the quilt with me when I made it so I was guessing on how it would work, and Maggie says she likes it so yay.
I might need to make me another one like this for my bedroom. So sweet.
It'd be cute if I added some more pillows (maybe a couple ruffley ones like these?), but I have a feeling that might be cuteness overload for Maggs.... Maybe if I just go ahead and make them for her she'll have to put them on there.

Hope you have had a great weekend!
Linking to these parties and 



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow... and that color is amazing:)

The Girl Creative said...

I had a problem with my linky party code. I thought it was set up as a thumbnail party but it wasn't. It's all fixed now but can you add your link again? I''m so sorry for the inconvenience. :( xoxo

Wendi @ Project Purple said...

VERY FUN! I found you on I <3 Naptime!
Thanks for posting AND in my FAVORITE color!
:0) www.project-purple.blogspot.com

Emily Carter said...

Beautiful Pillow! Thank you for linking up!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Love it! The colour really pops!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

The pillows are beautiful, Allie. What a nice gift! The Cluck Cluck Sew flower pillow is one of my faves. Love the color.

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

I love this pillow! Very cute! What a great gift idea!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is really cute! I love the way it came out! Visiting from Sumo's Sweet Stuff and I am a NEW follower!
Hope you had a great Monday,
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Donene said...

YOur pillow is beautiful! I love it!

jameshendry said...

The pillows are designed to provide luxurious comfort and premium quality, ensuring long-lasting satisfaction. They are stylishly designed, adding elegance to any room and complementing various decor styles. These pillows make a perfect gift, combining functionality with aesthetic appeal. They also contribute to a restful sleep experience, making them an essential addition to the bedroom for both comfort and style. The pillows are a thoughtful and practical present for the recipient.
Prevention of Domestic Violence Act New Jersey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad