PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Go Cats Wreath and Big Blue Earrings

After the win over OSU,  I couldn't help but make this wreath. 

Remember this wreath from St. Patrick's Day? And that the flowers were interchangeable?
Well I was planning on changing it to a spring theme this weekend, but got side-tracked. 
While I live in Ohio, my heart resides in Kentucky. Since I grew up in and around Lexington, Home of the Wildcats, it's so weird to live in a place that isn't decked out in "Kentucky Blue." Instead, there is Ohio State gear everywhere--ick. 

While I'm not a hardcore sports fan, if there's one thing I'll watch, it's UK basketball. People in Kentucky are crazy about their basketball. 

I don't think many people (besides most of the diehard UK basketball fans) thought the cats would upset the #1 team Ohio State, but they did. And it was wonderful.
 They're playing UNC right now. Up at the half. Go CATS!

To make your own Sports-Themed Wreath, you do the same thing I showed you in the tutorial(s) in this post. The only thing I changed were the flowers and the bunting. I made the flags on the bunting half circles instead of triangles. I also used wooden letters from Wal-Mart painted white instead of fabric letters.
Since it's interchangeable, I took the green flowers off, kept the white ones and spread them apart.
  And just added blue ones!


I also made some more button covered earrings to wear for the game.
Ready!



I thought I liked the polka dot ones the best, but those lace ones are super fun. 

Hope you're having fun cheering on the cats decked out in blue like Matty and me are!

Check back in this week to see a tutorial on this flower:

11 comments:

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

Congrats on your Wildcats! Love the wreath! How about them Butler Bulldogs? :)

Gina Thomas said...

Hi Allie! Nice to meet you through Flamingo Toes. I like your wreath although I am a HUGE buckeye fan; born and raised in Columbus! :) I now live in Delaware (the state) but will always bleed scarlet and gray!
I am watching Kentucky right now play UNC:)

Cute wreath and congrats to your team! :)gina

Katie said...

I just spotted this on the girl creative and oh, am I laughing now! I'm married to a UK fan (he loves me, even though I went to U of L), and the volume in our apartment just went way, way up, as my husband just exploded with excitement.
Anyway, I'm going to save your tutorial and make this for our door in a few minutes here--I actually have the supplies! I am so glad I spotted this.

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Love love LOVE your Kentucky wreath and earrings! I live in Lexington so of course I'm a wildcat fan :)

Unknown said...

I'm not exactly a huge Kentucky fan (but I do like Calipari from his days in Memphis and in C-USA), but I LOOOOOOVE everything you made! The way you made the wreath decor interchangeable is genius! And I wish I'd thought to get the pre-made letters like you did - I've got a wreath in progress and I cut them out of felt and it's a whole big mess... but anyways, the earrings are super-cute too! So glad I found you in the Flamingo Toes link party!

Half Past Eight said...

I saw this on the Tip Junkie link up. Too cute!!! I would have to change that Kentucky blue to some Alabama Crimson though!!! I love that it is interchangeable. I will have to do this one for football season!

Unknown said...

saw this on Whipperberry and was so happy to see a UK post!!! I'm a Kentucky Alum and am so ecstatic for this! UK basketball really is a "religion"!!
I'll have to make a wreath now :)
thanks for the great idea!

Jenny said...

As a transplanted Kentucky Alum in Georgia, I understand being surrounded by red! So glad to see some UK spirit. I will be cheering the CATS on in Lexington this weekend. Go Blue!

Jennifer said...

This is the coolest, cutest, best idea ever! I just made a burlap wreath this morning for a baby shower. I wish I would have seen this first b/c I would have done the velcro thing so I could use it again for something else. Like football season! Found you over at Shabby Chic Cottage.
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Jennifer said...

WooHoo!!!! GO CATS!!! As a KY girl I must say I'm lovin this wreath.

Rachel said...

I love your wreath, I saw it on Sew Much Ado. Go Cats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad