PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Framed and Embellished St. Patrick's Day Printables

Don't you LOVE all those St. Pat's Day printables out there?! Aren't some of them SO cute! I thought so, too, and since I have a few Irish-lovin' friends, I thought I'd make some little surprises for them.

Hey Irish-lovin' friends who might be reading this, you probably haven't received your package yet, so sorry for ruining the surprise and that it's almost St. Patrick's Day and you don't have it yet. You all probably already know I do things last minute. :)


I got some bronz-ish picture frames on sale at Wal-Mart for $3 each for the 5x7s and $4 for the 8x10s. I probably could have found some cheaper at a thrift store, but I wanted to get these done before St. Pat's and didn't have time for thrifting on the day I was shopping.

I tried spray painting them white, but it wouldn't cover the frames. I'm thinking it was either just too cold outside for the paint to stick or they needed to be primed first... which I didn't do.

So then I just got some acrylic paint and put a couple coats on each frame. Then I used painted on a coat of gloss mod podge to make them shine a little. I made some flowers with fabric I already had and hot glued them on. Done! 

Printables I used:
And here's several more I saw just the other day and love: 
Stay tuned this week for a tutorial on this Scrappy-No-Sew Flower. :)


If you like what you see on my blog, don't forget to become a follower! Once I reach 100+ followers, I'm doing a Miss Lovie Jewelry Giveaway!
We're almost there!!!


Linking this post to these fab parties

6 comments:

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

Thanks for mentioning my Keep Calm prints! :) Super cute fabric flowers!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

So cute! I did a St. Patrick's Day download over on my blog and put together some great frames--perfect gift. Love your and can't wait to see that flower being made.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

elizabeth said...

Love the scrappy flower.....:)

Whit said...

I am simply in love with this. Thank you so much for sharing I have been wanting to make some of these and now I can. I am visiting from blue cricket designs link party.

tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow. Very cute and a great list of printables! I was excited to see one of mine. :) Looks darling!

Sasha said...

These are great! Your today's inspiration on Inspiration Thursdays @ ~The Life of Me~!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad