PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Yesterday was Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss' birthday. 

Precious, right? Once it's stapled, it's a  hat. 
We had to make green eggs and ham, too. Yummy. My kids were literally licking their bowls.
 We also had a door contest on the K-2 hall. The kids picked their favorite Dr. Seuss book and then made decorations to go on it. My kids wrote, We love green eggs and ham, made a little green eggs and ham paper craft and had their picture taken with their eggs.

The pictures were hilarious and super cute. 
I had one student who was so sad I didn't have enough eggs to give seconds, she cried. 
Oh, the things that happen in kindergarten.
Some of their work minus the picture of this student with his/her eggs.
 My kindergarteners made these out of tissue paper, napkins, and pipe cleaners! Can you believe it? 

Some needed extra help, but some did great by themselves! I used this idea from Martha Stewart, but we didn't cut the ends of ours (to make it easier on them and me) into points or petals. We just left them alone. And we used pipe cleaners, like I said, instead of wire. 

You have to tell them to be super careful and not to tear the tissue, when they pull the layers apart. Most of the orange ones are actually party napkins I found at Walmart because they didn't have orange tissue. They almost turned out better than the tissue ones. they didn't tear as easy and the texture was cool. 

I'll let ya know if our door wins the contest. The 3rd and 4th graders voted and the results will be in tomorrow!

Next year my class will be making this with Swedish Fish and blue Jell-O.
 I love it. Another kinder teacher did it with her class this year. 
I found some other great ideas to celebrate Dr. Seuss after we'd already done ours that I'll be bookmarking for next year. 

Yay for March.
                                                                         Linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comments:

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

So cute! We made hats too but yours look way better. We started making our own Truffula forests today and we'll do ooblek tomorrow. our school celebrates for the entire week....it's a LOT of dr. seuss. how did you make such delicious green eggs and ham????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad