PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Eek! Spider Wreath with Teach. Craft. Love

Hi Miss Lovie Readers! 

This is Dara from teach.craft.love. I am so excited to guest blog today for Allie's Creepy Crafty Halloween event. I will admit Halloween is not my forte but I am excited about hanging this little wreath out to celebrate. Hopefully it will inspire a few more ideas inside my home and I'm loving all of the other greats ideas that have already been posted!



This is a pretty simple project. All of my materials are from The Dollar Tree and Michael's. I hope you like it!

Materials:
  • wooden wreath
  • black spray paint
  • glitter or glitter paint
  • webbing
  • spider
  • letters
  • white paint
  • ribbon
  • leaves/foliage in Halloween colors/glitter
Step One:
Spray paint your wreath and then add a little of this glitter paint/glue. You can barely see the glitter from far away but I know it's there. And Halloween is the best time for glitter! :)


This is what the glitter looks like before it dries. Be sure to give it a pretty even coat. It's more or less like mod podge with the glitter already in it. 

Step Two:
Stick the leaves/foliage in through the wooden vines




I didn't wire all of the pieces. They seemed to stick without it but a few stuck out so I used floral wire to pull them closer to the wreath.

Step Three:
Drape webbing around. Add as much or as little as you like!

Step Four:
Tie your spider around the wreath. The one I bought (Dollar Tree) had an elastic band around the top so I just used that to attach the little guy.

Step Five:
Paint letters. I added a coat of white paint and then two coats of the fantastic glitter paint in orange.

Step Six: 
Hot glue letters to wreath.

Step Seven:
Hang and creep out your neighbors!



I hope you find inspiration from this wreath and have a very Happy Halloween!!

P.S. Please ignore the poor picture quality/lighting. I finished this in the evening and didn't have a chance to take daylight pictures. 

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll stop by my blog sometime!
~Dara

What a cute wreath Dara! I love the spider webs and glittery leaves! Thanks for this creepy wreath inspiration! Wanna see more fabulous wreath inspiration head on over to Teach.Craft. Love. and
check out more of her gorgeous wreaths like this cork wreath and fall rosette wreath, these book page wreaths, and this gorgeous house number and flowers wreath. She really is a master wreath-maker.


Dara is my real life friend (and also my blogging friend.) I love her to pieces. She's actually the one who made me take the jump of creating my own blog. She started Teach.Craft. Love. and so I said, well fine, I'll start one, too. And I'm so thankful that I did. So thanks, Dar. :) 


Click below to check out the giveaways going on right now!!
And check back tomorrow for another super Creepy Crafty Halloween guest

Photobucket

1 comments:

Mobile app development company said...

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the company. Whether you are a dynamic startup with fresh ideas or an established enterprise seeking to revamp your digital presence, an App development company in Pune is your ideal partner. Renowned for their exceptional capabilities, these firms have a remarkable track record of crafting innovative and user-friendly applications across diverse industries such as healthcare, e-commerce, finance, and beyond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad