PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome Fall Wreath {A Tutorial}

Happy Labor Day to you!! I saw on some website somewhere today that said that labor day was the official goodbye to summer. I usually would not believe that, but shew. These fall temperatures that surprised us today are not playing around. I'm pretty sure that I saw that it got up to 100 degrees this past weekend. It is now barely 70. Ha! Hello, fall!! And Welcome!

 For those of you who don't know me super well. Fall is my FAVORITE. I love everything fall: it's my birthday season, fall foods are delicious, the smells that come with the season, the COLORS!, mums, pumpkins and other decor, the beautiful trees, and those glorious days where you can wear jeans, a tshirt, and flip flops and it feels amazing outside. OH. And let's not forget Halloween. I am way too obsessed with that holiday. Unfortunately fall is a crazy busy season at school as well. Hopefully I will be able to carve out as much crafting time as I hope I can so I can craft up some great fall ideas for you!

Today's post is on a wreath I actually created last year and could not WAIT to pull out of the closet. It is now hanging on my door and I'm resisting the urge to go buy some pumpkins to match it. 


Wanna make your own??
It's so easy.

Yes, this wreath is inspired, again, by this gorgeous Pinterest phenomenon made by my friend Dara at Teach Craft Love.
crafts+005.jpg (1200×1600)
 Seriously I have seen this wreath ALL OVER Pinterest. Congrats Dara! Remember, though, it's good Pinterest etiquette to pin from the original site so: Here's the original link to this wreath! I'm sure you can see why I've gotten so much inspiration from that wreath. It really is SO pretty. And the possibilities for changing it up are endless. 

I first introduced you to Dara's gorgeous wreath when I made this:

So now, I present you The Welcome Fall Wreath. Enjoy.
Materials Needed:
Grapevine Wreath
Large Flowers 
(Buy them ONLY when they're 40% off or more! Otherwise they're ridiculous. I love Hobby Lobby's flower selection the best and they usually almost always have them on sale.)
Fall Berry Sprigs (3-4)
 Fuzzy Sprigs (1, cut apart)
Floral Wire
Wire Cutters

When shopping for materials to make a wreath I scour the floral section of craft stores for fun and interesting textures.  I never know what I want the wreath to really look like until I get to the store and then the look of my wreath just kinda falls into place (usually after a somewhat long decision-making process). I just LOVE the fuzzy sprigs I found last fall. They added a whole new element to the wreath.
 Once you have your materials picked out, wrap wire around your flower in between petals so that the wire is hidden and secure it to the wreath by wrapping it around a couple times and then twisting the wire around itself. Tuck the twisted wire deep into the grape vine so it doesn't stick you. If you're using several flowers, place them close enough together so they don't show the grapevine in between, but aren't too squished. 
Next, Add the berries. Sometimes I clip apart the sprigs I find so there is a good distribution of the berries, but with this sprig, I found that if I pulled them apart, they covered a wide area while keeping the whole sprig in tact.  
See? Spread them out a lot. Then attach them to your wreath with floral wire the same way you attached the large flowers.
Here's the wreath with just the berries. I almost stopped here. It looked nice enough. And pretty simple. But those fuzzy things were just so fun.
 The fuzzy balls were way too close together on the sprig as it came so I cut them apart into tiny clusters as shown above. I believe I attached these with wire also, but it might be faster to just stick a dab of hot glue on the end of the cluster and push it into the wreath with then end of a pencil. Attach them all over.
 Here it is with both berries and fuzzies. Love.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!! If you make something similar I'd love to see it!

I think I might throw on a cardigan, go drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and go see if the florists have any good mums out. 

Linking to the parties in my sidebar!
If you love this wreath, you may love my new fall wreath from this year, too!


Photobucket

42 comments:

YeLLoWMeDaiSY said...

Very VERY cute!! i love making Fall decorations!

Come check out our blog if you get the chance! YeLLoWMeDaiSY

Thanks!
Mollie

Casey said...

This is so pretty. It's been so chilly here in Ohio. I'm ready to start decorating for fall. Just might try making a similar wreath. Thank you!

Casey

Horváth Emerencia said...

This is so pretty!Thank you!Emerencia.

Jessica said...

Love love love this wreath!! The fuzzy things and the colors are so pretty!!

Roeshel said...

So pretty! Thank you for sharing in the DIY Show Off Fall Festival!

Amanda said...

This is one beautiful wreath! Great job!

The Loops said...

I love this wreath! I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by!

Sheena said...

Stopping by from tatertots & jello. Love the wreath. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa @ Just Call Me "T" said...

How beautiful! I have a hanging for my door, but I have been thinking about something for over/behind my outdoor table set. :)

I'm a new follower- from tater's site!

-T

Mollie said...

This is so cute! I'm heading out to Hobby Lobby and Michael's now for supplies!!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great inspiration. Love the wreath with the flowers.

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

This wreath turned out beautiful!! Love it!
I would love it if you shared this at {nifty thrifty sunday}!
Hope to see you there!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Mollie said...

Here is a link to my blog with a picture of my wreath I created after I was super inspired by yours! http://weinanddinah.blogspot.com/

Jenna, SAS Interiors said...

Allie,
This wreath is beautiful and I just featured it in my Autumn Wreath Roundup. Here's the link ~ http://www.sasinteriors.net/2011/09/15-inspiring-autumn-wreaths/

I'm a new follower!
xo Jenna, SAS Interiors

Madison said...

Beautiful! You did a really great job. I love those flowers. :)

Roeshel said...

I'm including a link back in the DIY Fall Festival highlights! ;)

Roeshel

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Popping over from The DIY Showoff because I LOVE your wreath! It's so pretty and cute and lovely! :)

Mary Davidson said...

I saw your wreath on the DIY Showoff Blog. It is gorgeous...everything a Fall wreath should have. Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial.

Diane said...

Hello!! Although I'm not ready for Summer to end, I really love this Fall wreath you have created! It's so beautiful! I'm going to try to make one today..Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Have a wonderful day!!
Diane~

BabyGirl said...

Can't wait to try this! What size wreath did you use? I saw a 10"and a 14" on the hobby lobby site. Thanks!

BabyGirl said...

Can't wait to try this! What size wreath did you use? I saw a 10"and a 14" on the hobby lobby site. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I did this tonight! I used a 14" wreath I found at Michaels. I used multiple coupons, and for the wreath, 4 flowers, 4 springs, and wire it cost me $16! My wreath is more oblong as well. I may go back in for the fuzzies. Hubby doesn't know I made it, so it is on the door and he will see in the morning. Pretty easy for me as a non craft person, but lover of all things autumn! Thanks again for the tutorial!

Kristi said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower on twitter. :) just wanted you to know this beautiful fall wreath inspired a winter wreath I just made and will be posting on my blog tomorrow. Would love for you to stop by and see it! - Kristi, www.living-unbound.com

Cecelia said...

I'm not much of a crafter, but, those wreaths are SO CUTE!!! Just looking at them ALMOST makes me want to make one! :-)

~Cecelia Dowdy~
http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog

Mary A said...

Love your books. I have been a fan since 2007 when I picked up your book because I was homesick for the ocean. I moved to Ky from New Jersey and I read 16 Lighthouse Rd.and I was hooked. Thank you Debbie!!!

Penelope Sanchez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penelope Sanchez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penelope Sanchez said...

Love how your wreath turned out! This wreath has become quite the hit!

Mariz
You want to check out Top Georgetown Towing company

xsmb2017 said...

Ngoài việc xem được trực tiếp kết quả xổ số : tại website của chúng tôi các bạn có thể xem lại được kết quả xổ số miền bắc , xsmn , xổ số miền trung trong nhiều lần mở thưởng trước.
Tự hào là website tin tức xổ số hàng đầu việt nam - tại website của chúng tôi các bạn không chỉ xem được kết quả xo so trực tiếp hàng ngày mà các bạn còn có thể xem được các bài viết soi cau xsmb cực chuẩn xác từ các chuyên gia, các cao thủ chôt số của chúng tôi.

xsmb2017 said...

Những ngày gần đây, một người phụ nữ ở Hà Nội đã chia sẻ lên lên mạng xã hội Facebook về việc bản thân bị biến chứng sau khi phẫu thuật nâng ngực ở một Bệnh viện thẩm mỹ ở Hà Nội. Liên quan đến vụ việc “Chi 13.000 USD phẫu thuật nâng ngực, một phụ nữ nhập viện”, hôm nay 24.5, Sở Y tế Hà Nội tiếp tục làm việc với Bệnh viện Thẩm mỹ Kim Cương A&B để làm rõ những phản ánh của bệnh nhân Nguyễn Ngô L. (36 tuổi, ở Hà Nội).

Phía Bệnh viện Thẩm mỹ Kim Cương A&B cũng giải thích thêm, trong quá trình phẫu thuật nâng ngực, bệnh nhân L. đã yêu cầu phương pháp phẫu thuật với đường mổ từ đầu nhũ hoa, các thao tác bóc tách mô và mao mạch trực tiếp dưới quầng ngực sẽ làm tổn thương mao mạch nghiêm trọng hơn thao tác đưa túi độn ngực trực tiếp vào dưới cơ qua đường rạch ở nách gây ảnh hưởng xấu cho suc khoe cá nhân sau này. Do đó, việc các mao mạch bị tổn thương dẫn đến bầm tím ở vùng ngực.

“Ngay trong chiều 23.5, Sở Y tế Hà Nội đã làm việc với Bệnh viện chúng tôi về vấn đề nêu trên. Khi có kết quả về buổi làm việc, chúng tôi sẽ thông tin đến báo chí”, bà Phụng cho hay.
Đại diện Bệnh viện cho biết thêm, trong ngày mai 24.5 sẽ mời chị Ngô Ngọc L. đến để tái khám và theo dõi.
Nguồn: http://baotintuc247.com/nguoi-phu-nu-tre-nhap-vien-gap-chi-vi-phau-thuat-nguc-gia-re

xsmb2017 said...

Tin tức trong ngày - Cập nhật nhanh chóng tin tức mới nhất trong và ngoài nước. Tin tức tổng hợp và các tin tức mới nhất diễn tra trong 24h qua. Tin giao thong 24h - Cập nhật liên tục 24h về tin tức antoangiaothong và tin nạn giao thông kinh hoàng, các tin giao thong moi nhat trong ngày

Unknown said...

Lịch phát sóng các trận đấu bóng đá hôm nay - thông tin lich phat song các trận cầu sắp diễn ra - lịch phát sóng laliga - lịch phát sóng giải ngoại hạng anh - thông tin về lịch phát trong bóng đá thể thao trong nước và quốc tế.

Unknown said...

Những mẫu nhan cuoi dep 2017 chỉ có tại ancarat

Unknown said...

Our cach lam dep in there cach lam trang da tai nha are extremely effective

Ngô Anh said...

Oh, Great!!!Your article is very good. Read more: Trang chuyên kết quả XSHCMXSAG siêu nhanh, siêu chuẩn 100%

hh said...

Xem kqxsdn miễn phí cực nhanh cực chuẩn từ các chuyên gia xổ số hàng đầu

Ngô Anh said...

Tự hào là website tin tức xổ số hàng đầu Việt Nam chúng tôi luôn luôn nỗ lực không ngừng ngỉ để đem đến cho các bạn kết quả xổ số một cách nhanh nhất và chính xác nhất. Xem trực tiếp kết quả xổ số ba miền tại: kqxstg hôm nay.

g said...

Xem xo so mien bac chuẩn nhất chính xác nhất

Unknown said...

Tham khảo thêm Tuổi 83 hợp màu gì

Unknown said...

1. Tại sao nên lựa chọn Thế Giới Đá Phong THủy- Chúng tôi cam kết chỉ cung cấp đá tự nhiên. Chúng tôi không bán đá nhân tạo, bột đá ép … không có giá trị nhiều về năng lượng phong thủy.- Thế Giới Đá Phong THủy cam đoan mỗi sản phẩm bán ra đều nói đúng chủng loại đá và cam kết chất lượng. Nếu sau khi mua các bạn kiểm tra và phát hiện cửa hàng nói sai sự thật, chúng tôi sẽ nhận lại sản phẩm và bồi hoàn tiền, chịu các phí tổn liên quan (chuyển phát, chuyển khoản, đi lại ...)Tư vấn vòng tay đá phong thủy theo mệnh nhẹ nhàng và chi tiết nhất 2019 - Những hình ảnh trên website đều là ảnh chụp thật của sản phẩm. Chúng tôi luôn nỗ lực để trải nghiệm mua sắm Online của bạn là chính xác và an toàn nhất.- Khách hàng được tư vấn hoàn toàn miễn phí. Dù bạn không lựa chọn sản phẩm của chúng tôi, cũng đừng ngại liên lạc để chúng tôi giải đáp những thắc mắc giúp bạn.- Chúng tôi không chỉ là người kinh doanh, mà đồng thời cũng là người bạn, giúp các bạn có sự lựa chọn đúng đắn nhất khi đến với Đá.Vòng tay đá phong thủy , Vật phẩm phong thủy theo mệnh

Nguyen Hai said...

dự đoán xổ số miền nam
soi cầu xổ số miền nam
soi cầu xsmn
dự đoán xsmn hôm nay
dự đoán kết quả xổ số miền nam

Máy tính Trần Anh said...

https://phalebinhminh.com/
https://cupphale.net/xuong-san-xuat-cup-vinh-danh-gia-re-tai-ha-noi.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad