PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spooky Door Hanger with Naptime Crafters

Hi I'm Amy from Nap Time Crafters!
I LOVE every kind of craft, but if I had to pick a fav it would definitely be sewing for my little girl. I also love decorating my apartment with very budget friendly projects. Nap Time Crafters is home to 100 free Tutorials {and growing!}, the American Crafter Competition, Friday Favs Party, & a Giveaway every Saturday!

I'm so excited to be part of the Creepy Crafty Halloween event! It gave me just the excuse I needed to make this quick and simple door hanger


Really dresses up our front door and gets me in the mood for Fall!
Ready to make your own?

Here's what you'll need:
  • 3 8" embroidery hoops
  • 3 9" fabric scraps
  • Fabric scraps for embellishing
  • Craft Paint
  • Hot Glue Gun


 1. Paint the outside ring of each embroidery hoop- don't worry about the inside one b/c it won't show
 2. I did reverse applique for my letters and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be! Pin your fabric scrap wrong side up to the wrong side of your 9" fabric piece. Trace your letters onto the wrong side of your fabric scrap (make sure it's backwards) and then stitch around it, sewing through both layers of fabric 
 3. Trim the excess fabric away from the front side making sure you only cut through the top layer of fabric. (sorry about the sideways picture...)
 4. Put each fabric piece inside the embroidery hoop and hot glue the fabric edges to the back
 5. Arrange your embroidery hoops and hot glue together
 6. Hot glue a safety pin to the back of the top 2 to use for hanging. 
7. Thread your ribbon through and enjoy!
Thanks for having me!



OOH, Amy! How cute!! What a great alternative to a wreath, right? The fabrics are so fun, too. I always love your great tutorials! If you're not a fan of Amy's blog yet, you should be! You'll see me linking to her Friday Favs Party every Friday, too! Need some more great ideas for fall? Check out some of my favorite tutorials from Amy that are perfect for fall: Toddler Sweater DressCandy Corn Ruffle Tee , or her Halloween Finger Puppets! LOVE 'em. You might also want to check out Amy's shop where she shares lots of children's clothing patterns! 
Thanks, Amy!

Ok everybody! Check back tomorrow for another great Halloween project and tutorial from another Creepy Crafty Halloween guest!


And be sure to click the picture below to enter the Halloween giveaway going on right now!




Miss Lovie
Photobucket

1 comments:

Mobile app development company said...

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the company. Whether you are a dynamic startup with fresh ideas or an established enterprise seeking to revamp your digital presence, an App development company in Pune is your ideal partner. Renowned for their exceptional capabilities, these firms have a remarkable track record of crafting innovative and user-friendly applications across diverse industries such as healthcare, e-commerce, finance, and beyond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad