PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

10 Minute Pearl Earrings Tutorial

Let's make some timeless and classic pearl dangly earrings!

Wouldn't these be great for a Mother's Day gift?

This post was originally seen on Luxe Boulevard
I'm just reposting in case you missed it!

These earrings are so quick and easy. Even if you've never made jewelry in your life. Seriously.

First gather your materials. If you don't have any on hand, all these supplies can be found at any craft supplies store. Check for sales and always use coupons!
You'll need all those tools except the crimp tool.
Get 2 10 mm pearls and 4 8 mm pearls. (I usually just use glass pearls.)
You'll need 4 eye pins, 2 head pins, and 2 ear wires.

And here we go.

Here are the detailed instructions to make a simple loop that I copied from my Huge Flower and Bow Necklace Tutorial in this post here.



After your simple loop is made,

Make another simple loop above that pearl and connect another eye pin. Slide the last 8mm pearl on and make another loop above it.
 Now you're done!

Here's just a few tips.
 When you make the loops above the pearl, be sure to make them as close to the pearl as possible. If you look at the one on the left, it is not very close to the pearl. I just cut that one off and re-did it (so it might be good to have some back-up head pins and eye pins available.) This makes it look much cleaner and more professional.
Also, when you are making the loops, be sure to create the loops so that they are going in the same direction.
DONE!
While it seems like a lot of steps, it really is so easy and shouldn't take much longer than 10 minutes!
Happy jewelry-making!

Linking to these parties


11 comments:

Tracy said...

simply lovely! I would love a pair of earrings like this (think my girls are reading this?).

steph nelsen said...

i can't wait until i get them in the mail ; )

Chari said...

Love the tutorial! These earrings are pretty!

Stopping by from the Show and Tell linky party!

~Stay blessed!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Allie-

That was an amazing pictorial! I can tell you are a teacher...{your lesson plans must look as good as your crafting tutorials.}

I miss my days in the classroom. Sigh. As much as I try to structure my home like one, it's just not the same...


If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

PicturePerfectPixies said...

Those are lovely! My daughters birth stone is the pearl. We are going to have to make these! Thanks!

Sweet Floweret said...

I love these earrings!
I'm launching my first linky party next tuesday. It's for projects that cost less than $10 and take less than 20-30 minutes. Would you consider linking up with me on my first linky party endeavor? Thanks!
http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com
Tina

steph nelsen said...

just got the package! so fab!! i'm thrilled - it was my first giveaway win...and i found such a cool blog to read too!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Allie-

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday! Hope to see you back again this week.

Pearl Jewellery Australia said...

Hi,

It's best to stick to a monochromatic white or off-white pearl look for a lighter, more summery look. If you can find them undrilled without a hole in the pearls for beading, that is ideal. if you can only get the ones with beading holes, that's OK, too. You just will want to position them on the belt with their drilled holes not showing as much. Thanks a lot.

Adam Pash said...

Cool stuff! Wonder if it will be nice to wear a full pearl earrings.Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

Hayden's Blogs said...

This ear rings are beautiful, White pearl earrings have pearls that are 8 mm in size. Behind the pearls are a flower-style design in 14 K gold over sterling silver.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad