PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 10 Miss Lovie Projects of 2012- My Favorites

Happy New Year!!
It's hard to believe this year is already over. It's been a great year for me personally and for Miss Lovie, I think. In my personal life, I have graduated from grad school (finally, yay!!), I got engaged (!!), I traveled to new places, sewed more and have made lots of jewelry, Mr. Lovie and I have been doing so great, and I have had a great school year with my kindergarteners so far. I'm so looking forward to 2013, though. Let the wedding planning (and honeymoon planning!!) begin.

And even though I haven't been able to post on my blog as much as I want (so MANY of my ideas never come to be because of time issues), I think the content that did make it to my blog has been my best. Looking back over the posts from this year made me happy. It's been a fun (and challenging!) year with jewelry-making, I've met new sewing goals, and I've even tackled a few DIY projects that I've been wanting to do for years (my reading chair). I hope you enjoy my personal list of favorites! 

In no particular order...
Halloween is my absolute favorite and making these costumes was important to me. I just love how they turned out. That skirt is so sparkly and fluffy I can't stand it. And that Collar Statement Necklace was surprisingly good for everyday wear, too! 

I am planning on wearing this necklace tonight probably for New Year's festivities! It's the perfect fancy necklace that you can dress up or down!

Even with it's minor imperfections, I really love this blanket. It is the first blanket I've ever sewed and I'm really proud of the outcome. 

By using some basic classroom supplies I created this bright and happy new school year wreath. It made my classroom door welcoming and uplifting, and the kids loved it. 

I'm not a huge fan of the ombre trend, so when that was the theme for one week during the So You Think You're Crafty contest I was in, I knew I had to create something that fit the theme, but would actually be something I loved. The colors in this are so fun. It was perfect for the summer. 

Every year at my school, each class in the primary grades decorates their classroom door for Read Across America Day (Dr. Seuss's birthday) and the older kids vote on which one is best. I am proud to say ours won this year! The kids loved making the truffula trees and they never wanted to take the door decoration down. 

Can I just be here right now instead of in the snow?! This really is such an easy project and is one of my absolute favorites.

This was the most intricate and difficult jewelry project I've ever made. It took me a couple weeks to complete (several hours a night), but it was so worth it. I love this necklace with a wedding dress or even just with a tshirt and skinny jeans. 

This chair had been in my family forever and I've used it in my classroom every year that I've taught, but this past summer I decided it was time for a makeover. I love the new bright white color, and the new cushion and pillows. It's prettier and comfier! You've got to go check out the before and after.

This is the perfect activity for any child during road trips or just on the living room floor. I have used this in my classroom in a retelling center where kids retell familiar stories. They love the soft felt pieces, the bright colors, and that they can carry it anywhere in the room.

And even though I said this was the top 10, I had include this light wreath. I just love those lights. 

Happy New Year! 
Be safe this evening and I'll see ya in 2013! Thanks for reading!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad