PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School Wreath

As my Back to School Event is nearing the end, I have one of my most favorite projects to share! I've had Back to School wreath ideas in my head for awhile, and I finally had the time to sit down and play around until I landed on something I loved. 
 When school time rolls around, the thing we all think of is school supplies, so I thought, why not put a whole bunch on a wreath?! I love those pencil wreaths and crayon wreaths out there, but I teach kindergarten and we use a lot more "stuff" than that! I wanted to included not only school supplies but the other things we use daily in our classroom. Any elementary teacher is familiar with lots of these: blocks, magnetic letters, dice, paint brushes, scissors, glue, play dough, connecting cubes, rulers, etc. I wanted a wreath that represented our day in kindergarten. I really wanted to fit a tiny book on there, but  I ran out of room. Ha.
 I added the chalk board and bunting for a little extra fun. The chalkboard's wooden border is covered in ribbon and rick rack. I wrote "Welcome" for the Back to School season, but I can change it throughout the year if I want. The bunting is just pinned on (it's a straw wreath form) so I could technically change it out if I wanted to. 
 I didn't take pictures for a tutorial for this, but it's super simple. 
Wrap your wreath with strips of fabric, then hot glue a ton of "stuff on there. The end. Ha.

 I wanted a layered effect so I started layering a couple of rulers on one side, then piled on the crayon box (which I glued the crayons inside the box so they would stay out), the play dough and my colored pencil bouquet (see below.)

Around the bottom of the wreath I didn't add as much because these little pieces looked so nice against the blue.  The tip to give you when making this wreath is to use lots of glue. :) Hot glue will, of course, melt if you hang any wreath outside, though, so be sure to hang a wreath like this in the shade or inside (like on a classroom door!)
I secured the chalkboard with some velcro wrapped around the wreath since it was a little wobbly, but everything else is stuck on really well. 

I hope you love it. It has definitely made my classroom door cheery. Even if you're not a teacher, it would be great to put on your front door when it's time for your kids to go back to school. Mr. Lovie was actually really sad I was taking it to school...he wanted to put it on our front door...(and we don't have kids)! Ha.

Happy Friday :)
Go check out the other Back to School Events!
Go link up YOUR Back to School projects at my very first linky party ever! Any school-themed projects are welcome. I'll feature my favorites on Sunday! 
And come back tomorrow for one more Back to School idea!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I recently started reading your blog and am really enjoying it.

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is amazing. Love it. I love this for a gift for my son's teacher. Great job.

www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Unknown said...

How cute is that! It looks great! I think it is precious. I am a new follower of yours..I just found your blog through the blog hop. I hope to see you stop by my blog too :)
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so stinkin cute!
I'm your newest fan thanks to this wreath!
As a teacher, I happen to adore this stuff:)

XOXO
Kelly at Smart! School {House}
http://www.facebook.com/SmartSchoolHouse

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

This is just the cutest thing EVER Allie! Love it! So perfect for a classroom door!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow! :)

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is adorable! Perfect for the classroom.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

This is so fun and cute Allie!! Thanks for linking up - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/09/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-63/

Unknown said...

Oh I love this - what a fab idea & lovely cheerful colours. Would definitely help get the children back in the term time spirit.

I would love for you to link up this post at the Empty Your Archive party - we're focused on back to school posts this week but you can also share your great old posts on over 100 different topics in the Mummy Archive, which is a fab resource bank for mums - Alice xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad